Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Hacking and schooling...

I am so pleased with boy. i totally lucked out on him!

Sunday I went for a hack on our own round the lanes. despite much of the fauna of ashorne trying to attack Z he kept his head! we had several incidents of note, including a baby lamb who got confused and decided Z was his mother... he was so happy to see us he ran baaing through the fence and froliced right in front of Z's legs. I was terrified pony would squash him with on massive hoof, but bless him, Z just snorted at him, and stood very still. We turned and lamb followed us for a few feet, but luckily his mum realised and shouted at him, so he left us alone... A bird decided to fly out in front of us along the lane, which was very scary for Mr. Z. But he held it together, even if he was a bit tall past that bit of hedge!


Today I was in london for work, so i came home and went round to the stables for a cheeky school in the daylight. Z was amazing! forward, soft, lovely, just made everything easy. He was so good we only did about 30 mins, no point pushing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment